First thing in the morning after waking up, a person goes to the bathroom. When working hard the whole day, all you want to do is relax and take a warm bath or a shower.
Having an eye-pleasing bathroom will help you to unwind and ease your mind after a stressful day. It’s not for nothing that the bathroom is called a place of thought: it offers solitude and creates the ground for inspiration.
What are the different types of bathrooms?
Here, you can see 6 types of bathrooms:
- Full Bathroom. A full bathroom must have three elements: toilet, washbasin and bathtub. This type is one of the most common among bathrooms.
- Three-Quarter Bathroom. This room is not much different from the previous one – it is known to include a toilet, washbasin and a shower. This type fits perfectly in a small bathroom.
- Half Bathroom. These are bathrooms that are consisted of a sink and toilet.
- Quarter Bathroom. Quarter bathroom, also known as utility closet, often includes a shower or toilet.
- Split Entry Bathroom. Styling a split bathroom, one separates the entrance area and the main or primary sink in one separate area of the bathroom, while the toilet and bath are located in another area of the bathroom.
- Corner Shower Bathroom. Corner bathrooms have such elements as shower cabin, which can be placed either in the corner or in the center of the room for apartments with fewer spaces.
What are the latest bathroom trends?
Fashion tends to change. So, which bathrooms are trending right now? Let’s take a closer look at it.
- Japandi Style. It is a combination of features from Japanese and Scandinavian styles. The biggest advantage of this style is that it can fit into any sized bathroom, since the main emphasis is on a mixture of different textures.
- Wallpaper. Wallpaper in bathrooms have been a thing for decades yet still remain relevant as they visually make the room more spacious.
- Wood. Wooden elements will always be advantageous in any style, so it is not surprising that wood is getting popular again.
- Shower heads on the ceiling. Creating an outdoor feel is gaining popularity in new bathroom designs. Shower heads mounted on the ceiling are called as rain shower heads for a reason – water naturally drips like rain.
- Ambient light and tons of free space. Ambient lighting provides maximum intimacy, which gives your space a unique radiance. The use of an open hanging lamp allows you more space to place other bathroom accessories.
Renovating a bathroom and are not sure which bathroom style combines the latest trends? Scandinavian bathroom is your win.
What is a Scandinavian bathroom?
Scandinavian style is a dream for those, who cherish ascetic and minimalism style. Industrial style is definitely far from looking all soft and comfy. On the other hand, not all people prefer tenders shades to cold ones.
And precisely for austere style lovers, the loft bathroom is a perfect match.
Industrial design is definitely different from warm and cozy arrangements, which still dominate many apartments. However, concrete, brick and metal materials can also look very stylish and industrial design can be synonymous with good taste and taste.
Loft style bathroom can be characterized by the following elements:
- concrete surfaces;
- exposed ceiling pillars and beams;
- raw finish;
- protruding from the wall installations;
- use of specific functional furniture;
- custom decor.
Neutral colors, such as gray, white, or black are appropriate in accordance with loft bathrooms.
Speaking of material, it can either be metal or concrete, as well as marble and brick.
As depressing this style may seem, dark and neutral colors (such as copper) have a calming and soothing effect on your mental health.
With maximum natural lightning, loft interiors help to reduce stress, giving you fewer distractions and more freedom: elimination of unnecessary structures helps you to reduce the feeling of being tied to the material possessions you have in your home and arrange you a new sense of independence.
How do you style a loft bathroom?
Not sure where to start? Let’s take a closer look at this style.
Bathtub, shower enclosure or a bath with built-in shower is the core of any bathroom, meaning to find a suitable bath is to lay a good foundation for your interior. A bathtub should combine maximum functionality with minimalist style.
Imagine a white or black freestanding bathtub on metal legs. Combined with a square tap, it will look chic, blending in the integrity of the picture.
Furniture and accessories
Having chosen a worthwhile bath, you can proceed to the further furnishing, adding a couple more elements: loft style cabinets, which combine several types of materials, such as metal, marble and concrete, complement the whole interior.
Accessories do not have to just help you arrange the interior, they should also be practical.
You should add as much light as possible: what kind of loft style bathroom is this if one does not arrange it with light and space?
Light bulbs suspended on cables, lots of lamps and a huge mirror will certainly help you with this.
Floor and walls
When one thinks about materials of the floor, concrete look tiles or wood look tiles would be the best choice: this will create visual warmth.
To make your loft bathroom bizarre, antique floor lamps will embellish the interior, and at the same time they will not look superfluous.
Finishing the arrangement, you can add gray tile for wall finishing, coherently blending into them into the color scheme of the entire bathroom.
It would be functional to paint the walls that do not come into contact with water in a cold-toned color; otherwise they will get moldy.
To sum it up
A modern bathroom implies a combination of simplicity and good taste, looking austere but comfortable. Loft style bathroom includes a good, stylish combination of mentioned above elements, leaving free spaces and not looking cluttered.